Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Emma's so big!

What a Big Girl!!
Emma really has been growing up so much lately. It seems like ever since her birthday she hasn't been a baby anymore. She's just a little girl now instead of a little baby. It is so fun to watch her grow and become a little woman more and more each day. It makes me so excited to see what is to come. I find myself wondering what she will become. I wonder who she will be and what will make her Emma. Even though she is only a year old I find myself thinking that she is so far ahead of me. She seems so much more advanced than me. I am so proud of her. And, I don't think I have done anything to make her this way. It's just the way she came. She truly is the joy of my life. I don't know what I would do without her. I love her so much. I feel that life would be so boring without her. We have been blessed with Heavenly Father's choicest children, and I am grateful for that.


























Last week Emma and I were at a Young Women's Volleyball game. She was wearing this same outfit as she is in the shopping cart. It's just a shirt, not a onesy. And, it has blue pants. She's such a skinny little thing, but so tall, that she needs longer pants, but that means that it's too big for her around the waist. Well, I was holding both of her hands as she stood in front of my chair at the game. That's one of her favorite things to do. She feels so big. Anyway, about five minutes had gone by. I was just talking and watching the game, not paying much attention to Emma. When I looked down I saw that she had kicked her pants off and they were about two feet away from her on the ground of the stage. I was so shocked I just burst out laughing and I felt myself turn bright red as if I was embarrassed for her because she was just in a shirt and a diaper. It was the funniest thing. Everyone around me was laughing. So, I had to lay her down on the ground to put her pants back on. I was laughing so hard I was crying and my face was all red. Emma just looked at me like something was wrong. She was really worried about me.


2 comments:

Heidi said...

I love those pictures Jen. She really does look older!

Amy said...

Guess what, we have the same carseat :) She looks SO cute in these pictures!! I wish we could see her in person. We miss you guys!