I am so mad at myself! I have had problems with losing pictures that I upload to my computer because I need to clear up some C Drive space. I have too many pictures on here I guess. But, yesterday I was in a hurry to clear off my camera to take more pictures. And, I usually double check to make sure it's on the computer before I delete the pictures, but I didn't do that. So, I lost all of Christmas morning and beyond pictures and video. The reason I'm so upset about it is because we were able to get the CUTEST video of Chad carrying Emma down on Christmas morning. And, the reason why I spent so much time making sure the bows and such were so pretty was just for pictures. Otherwise I would have just left the bows off. Chad would have been more happy about that because they had so much glitter on them. He hates that. So, I guess I'll just have to explain how it went before I forget the details.
Well, first of all I should say that we stayed up until about 2:30 Christmas Eve night wrapping presents. Then, at 5:00 I woke up to finish up with the bows. And, I had lost one of the gifts for Chad. I had been looking for it for two weeks. So, when I was finished getting everything ready I didn't worry about waking anyone up because it was time for the to get up anyway. I rummaged through everything. Even Emma didn't wake up. And, I was very loud. Well, I finally found the Bourne Trilogy movies I was looking for. They were right where I thought they were the whole time, and I swear I looked there about twenty times. But, this time they were there so I was happy. We had also been missing a Dora Doll of Emma's, which I found under her crib. And, about a year and a half ago I won a Nano iPod. I haven't really used it much, but about six months ago I lost the cord that goes to the computer. I couldn't charge it, so I really couldn't use it. Well, then I stuck the iPod away because it was useless. But, then I realized that I could just buy a new cord. They're not very expensive. But, I couldn't find the iPod. Well...I found it Christmas morning right before I found the movies I was looking for. I was so excited after being able to find everything that I woke Chad and Emma up.
Then, Chad carried Emma downstairs while I videoed. I had contemplated not worrying about videoing and just enjoying the moment. But, we got such a priceless video it was worth it. Well, then we lost it. Oh well. Ashley got to see the video later that day. Well, Emma got a Tinker Bell pillow that I didn't wrap, I just put a pretty bow around it. There was so many gifts. But, when she saw that she went crazy, jumped down from Chad's arms and crawled right over to the couch and tried to get up on it to get the pillow that was in the far back corner on top of the arm. She was SO excited! It was so cute! Chad grabbed the pillow and put it on the floor so she could see it better. She hugged it and kept laying her head down on it. She loved it! So cute! I'm so glad, too, because it was a last-minute gift that I wasn't planning on. In fact, throughout the whole time of unwrapping presents she had to sit right on top of it the whole time. It could not leave her sight.
Emma was so over-whelmed with all of her presents. Every present she opened she just wanted to play with. She didn't understand why she couldn't. But, we had to keep going. We had to be done with Santa's gifts by 8:00 because we only had from 8-3 to be with family. So, we opened Santa's gifts and saved the rest for later that night.
I am really sad that we lost that video, along with the pictures that were taken of Emma opening her presents. But, Chad keeps reminding me that at least we remember it. That's why I wanted to post about it so that I could remember. Thanks to those of you who read it. I know it was long and probably boring. And, it's not a fair substitute for the video that I would have posted, but it's the best alternative.
Monday, December 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
I don't know if this makes you feel any better but we lost all the digital pictures of Alex just after he was born. It was so sad. I had printed off a couple so at least I have that. What did they ever do back in the day before videos and pictures :) It was so fun to see you guys at Christmas! We love you!
Post a Comment